QVB AT HOME | Koko Black Chocolate Queen Pancakes
08 May 2020
Pile on the love this Mother’s Day with a special chocolate 'queen' pancake recipe from Koko Black.
For the most delicious chocolate goodies, visit Koko Black on Ground Floor to browse their range of truffles, eggs and much more.
Throughout this recipie, Poppy uses Koko Black cocoa powder, chopped chocolate and chocolate freckles to decorate.
INGREDIENTS: (for 6 pancakes)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites, whipped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ⅓ cups milk, more if the batter is too thick
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¼ cup Koko Black cocoa powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 105g Koko Black chocolate (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter, or oil for cooking
- In a large bowl, mix together yolks and sugar, while still whisking, add milk.
- Carefully fold in whipped egg whites with a spoon.
- Add and mix the melted butter and the vanilla.
- In another large bowl, mix the sieved flour, cocoa powder, and the baking powder.
- Form a little well in the middle, then pour in the milk and eggs mixture. Stir until the batter is smooth.
- Mix in the chopped chocolate. Let the batter sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Over low to medium heat, pour ¼ cup (60 ml) of pancake batter on a well-oiled pan.
- When bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake, flip and cook it for a minute on the other side.
- Garnish with raspberries and Koko Black treats to create your own chocolate queen!