QVB AT HOME | How to make Conchiglie Pasta
08 May 2020
With Mother’s Day being a little different this year, we were given a special pass the kitchens of QVB's Vanto restaurant. To bring a piece of the QVB Mother’s Day experience home, we met Chef and Co-owner Filippo as he shares his simple and well-loved Conchiglie Pasta recipe handed down from his mother.
Holding a special place in his heart, this dish represents years of Mother’s Day traditions to him and the best part… it takes 10 minutes!
200gm zucchini (chopped into 2cm cubes)
150gm fresh ricotta
5 leaves fresh basil
½ onion finely chopped
250gm conchiglie pasta
- Place pasta in boiling water with salt for 10 minutes.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, add olive oil and onion to cooking pan on moderate heat. Cook until translucent.
- Add chopped zucchini, salt and pepper, then cook for 3 minutes or until zucchini softens.
- Add half a cup of pasta water to the sauce (the starch from the pasta water will thicken the sauce). Stir through and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer 1/3 of the pasta sauce into a food processor to blend until finely pureed.
- Return pureed sauce to pan, stir through and add the ricotta.
- Drain the pasta shells and add to sauce, then add grated parmesan cheese and stir.
Enjoy, buon appetito!