QVB AT HOME | Create your own iconic Tea Room recipie
09 May 2020
Typically The Tea Room plays host to dozens of Mother's Day festivities with mothers and families alike. This year, to bring the iconic Tea Room experience home, the renowned Tea Room pastry chef Robert Chrichton has shared the secret recipie for one of his classics, the delicious Blueberry Financier for you to play high-tea at home.
Give mum an occassion to look forward to post Mother's Day...you can still purchase The Tea Room Gift Cards here to enjoy once they reopen their doors.
INGREDIENTS: (Makes approx. 8 individual dessert size Financier’s, depending on mould size).
56g Plain Flour
204g Icing sugar
56g Almond Meal
168g Egg white
Zest of 2 lemons
1 punnet of blueberries
Try to source a traditional Financier mould if possible, otherwise a pyramid mould (as pictured below) or muffin/cupcake tin will suffice.
- Cook the butter in a saucepan on medium flame, whisking constantly until it turns nut brown in colour. Transfer to a heatproof jug or bowl.
- Mix all other ingredients together to form a paste (excluding blueberries).
- Pour the butter over the paste and mix well until completely incorporated.
- Spoon this mixture into well-greased mould(s). Arrange blueberries on top, as you wish.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature and de-mould.
- Serve with vanilla bean ice cream or whipped cream.