SANTA EXPERIENCES 2020
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Frequently Asked Questions
DO I NEED TO BOOK MY VISIT WITH SANTA?
Yes. This Christmas, the Santa experience is a fully bookable experience. Click here to book your visit with Santa. Please note: bookings close 48 hours prior to the scheduled session time
WHAT ARE THE TIMES FOR THE SANTA EXPERIENCES?
High Tea with Santa commences from Monday, November 9 until Christmas Eve, 24 December. 1-hour time slots are available between 7.30am – 8.30am, 9am – 10am and 10.30am – 11.30am.
Tickets on sale Fri 6 Nov: Sensory High Tea with Santa commences on a selection of mornings from Tuesday, December 1 until Tuesday 22 December. 1-hour time slots are available between 7.30am – 8.30am. Sessions available December 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 13, 15, 16, 20, and 22.
Tickets on sale Fri 6 Nov: Cocktails with Santa commences from Thursday 3 December – Saturday 19 December on select evenings Wednesday - Saturdays only for one-hour time slots between 5.30pm – 6.30pm and 7pm – 8pm.
Click here to see all Santa hours.
HOW MUCH DO THE SANTA EXPERIENCES COST?
High Tea with Santa - Tickets cost $55 per person (adults or children 12 months and older), which includes a High Tea experience at The Tea Room and access to download photography from a digital gallery from your session via a digital gallery link.
Sensory High Tea with Santa - Tickets cost $55 per person (adults or children 12 months and older), which includes a High Tea experience at The Tea Room and access to download photography from a digital gallery from your session via a digital gallery link.
Cocktails with Santa - Tickets cost $75 per person (adults 18 years and older) which includes a High Tea experience at The Tea Room and 2 x cocktails along with access to download photography from a digital gallery from your session via a digital gallery link.
Prints will not be available at your session. Guests are encouraged to capture their own photos with Santa during their 1-hour session.
Click here for all details.
DO YOU ACCOMMODATE GROUP BOOKINGS?
Yes. Santa Photography accommodates group bookings of up to 6 people. Please ensure you book each person under your Family / Surname so we can see how many are allocated allowing The Tea Room to allocate tables for your session.
IS THE SANTA EXPERIENCE ACCESSIBLE BY WHEELCHAIR?
Yes, The Tea Room is fully wheelchair accessible. Speak to one of the friendly team members for assistance.
WHERE IS THE SANTA EXPERIENCE LOCATED?
The Santa experiences are located on Level 3 of the QVB at The Tea Room (Market Street end from November 9 - December 24. Click here to view centre map.
WHAT MEASURES ARE IN PLACE TO ENSURE COVID SAFETY MEASURES ARE ADHERED TO?
The Tea Room have a COVID-Safety Plan in place which includes the following procedures and practices:
- Covid-19 safe Hygiene Marshall on all operating shifts
- Ensures tables are the required 1.5 metre distance apart to support social distancing legislation
- Social distancing markers at the entrance to the venue
- Patrons will need to sign in via a QR code on arrival
- Displays hand sanitiser for customer and staff use with notices of the importance of hand washing around the venue
- All stations have sanitising surface spray and gloves to wipe all hard surfaces and chairs
- Increased cleaning of all surfaces in between each session
Additionally, safe social distancing signage will be displayed throughout the room as well as the Photo Areas.
Interaction with Santa is allowed in the Photo Areas and we encourage guests to practice safe social distancing by utilising the seating that has taken the 1.5 metre distance into consideration. Additional signage will also communicate these measures.
Santa, host, photographer and all assistants will be fully briefed on social distancing practices and will ensure their compliance throughout the experience.
Further information can be supplied on enquiry.
WHAT TIME SHOULD I ARRIVE?
Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your allocated time slot. Meet on Level 2 (under the Tea Room), exit from the cage lift and venture to the Check-In desk located on the left (signage will be stationed there for clear access).
This is the pre-registration area before you head up to The Tea Room to be seated at your table. There will be two check-in hosts available to check you in.
WHERE IS THE BEST PARKING FOR THE SANTA EXPERIENCE?
You are welcome to park at the QVB Car Park located at 111 York Street Sydney. Take the Car Park elevator up to Level 2 then walk to the York Street side of the building to meet at the Check-In desk.
Early Bird and evening parking offers are available – to book head to:
WHAT IF I WANT TO CHANGE MY BOOKING?
We understand that some customers may wish to change their session time to a different day/time after booking.
1. You may request to cancel your booking by contacting us on the details below. If you request to cancel your booking 48 hours or more before your session time a full refund will be provided to the credit card that you used to make your booking.
2. If you fail to attend your session time or request to cancel your booking less than 48 hours before your session time, no refund will be provided. However, if you believe there are exceptional circumstances, please contact us using the details above. In such circumstances, we may choose (in our absolute discretion) to offer you a refund.
3. You may request to reschedule your booking by contacting us using the details above. If you request to reschedule your booking 48 hours or more before your session time, you can reschedule to another available date or time, at no cost.
4. If you request to reschedule your booking less than 48 hours before your session time, your request will be refused, unless there are exceptional circumstances (which will be determined in our absolute discretion).
5. We reserve the right to re-schedule session times if necessary due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control. If we need to reschedule a session time, we will if practical notify you of the new session time 48 hours or more before your original session time. If you cannot attend the new session time, a full refund will be provided. We are not responsible for any other costs you might incur relating to the rescheduling of session times.
Contact the Guest Experience team via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9264 9209 if you need to reschedule or cancel your booking.
I AM LATE AND MISSED MY SESSION – CAN I STILL GET MY SANTA EXPERIENCE?
Unfortunately, if you missed your session there is no guarantee that we can fit you in to another session. There are no refunds for missed sessions.
I HAVE BOOKED AN UP-COMING SESSION BUT WANT TO CHANGE IT – CAN I DO THAT?
You can cancel your session for a refund up to 48 hours out from your booking, and subject to availability, then re-book a new session. To do this contact email@example.com or call 02 9264 9209.
AM I ALLOWED TO TAKE PHOTOS ON MY CAMERA OR PHONE?
Yes, absolutely. We welcome you to capture as many photos as you wish throughout your experience.
IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT FOR THE SANTA EXPERIENCES?
For High Tea with Santa, any age is welcome however Cocktails with Santa is only available for +18 to align with standard alcohol guidelines.
WILL THERE BE DIETARY OPTIONS FOR THE HIGH TEA?
Yes, The Tea Room are able to offer the following options:
1. Standard High Tea
2. Gluten Free High Tea
3. Vegan High Tea
4. Nut Free High Tea
Following your booking, please ensure you email the Guest Experience Team should you require a specific dietary High Tea at firstname.lastname@example.org
All requests will need to be requested ahead of your session time so the chefs can pre-prepare.
WILL THERE BE A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER ON SITE?
Yes, we will have a photography and assistant there to capture professional photos – you are able to choose if you would like to have them capture photos with Santa.
HOW WILL I BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE DIGITAL PHOTOS CAPTURED?
Upon check-in, the team will give you a URL and unique code so you’re able to access the photography from your session after you leave. These can be selected and downloaded straight to your device.
WHEN CAN I ACCESS MY PHOTOGRAPHS?
The Santa experience allows you to not only capture your own images, but receive your own personal online digital gallery direct to your phone. The gallery will be accessible straight after your session.
CAN I PURCHASE A PRINTED PHOTO?
No – for this experience, we have made the photography experience purely digital in order to practice COVID-safe measures but still allows guests to capture as many photos as they would like plus accessing professional photos as part of the ticket price. Should you wish to print one of your downloaded images, there are a number of instant print stations such as Officeworks on Clarence Street.
DO YOU OFFER SENSORY SANTA?
Yes. QVB has sessions available to accommodate Sensory Santa to allow for the experience to be in a calm and comfortable environment before the centre opens. Tickets on sale 6 Nov. Please click here to book.
I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT MY BOOKING, WHO DO I CONTACT?
If you have questions about an existing or new booking, please contact one of our Guest Experience team members at email@example.com or call 02 9264 9209.